We are hiring a Development and Special Projects Coordinator!
Development and Special Projects Coordinator
Application Deadline: July 15
Start Date: August 1
Full-time exempt position, salary commensurate with experience
Colorado Haiti Project
The Colorado Haiti Project (CHP) works in direct partnership with the people of Petit Trou de Nippes, Haiti to help create an empowered community with access to the resources needed to forge their own path to sustained progress and development. At the core of the CHP – Petit Trou partnership is the firm belief that successful and durable development is achieved by following the lead of the Haitian people who know best the needs, strengths and challenges of their communities.
CHP accompanies the people of Petit Trou to identify critical needs and opportunities, and together we develop and implement a multi-sector package of overlapping programs in education, health, agriculture, economic development, and water and sanitation / hygiene. CHP’s geographically-focused, integrated, and relationship-based approach to development has produced sustainable, community-driven progress for over 25 years in Haiti.
The Development and Special Projects Coordinator will take a leadership role in stewarding and growing CHP’s revenue and donor base. S/he will work with the Executive Director, a volunteer resource development committee, and the organization’s Board to strengthen development and fundraising efforts, develop and implement strategies to attract new donors, and strengthen efforts to retain existing donors through exemplary, relationship-based stewardship.
In addition, candidate should demonstrate experience and capacity in management of special projects, these aimed at reinforcing and expanding CHP’s strategic goals, local footprint, and resource development.
We seek a flexible, enthusiastic, and committed individual motivated to use his or her professional skills to fuel continued progress in Haiti.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
This position reports directly to the Executive Director and will be focused on reinforcing fundraising, outreach, and operational effectiveness through the following:
Development and Donor Management
- In close collaboration with E.D., fundraising committee, and Board, develop and implement CHP fundraising plan
- Assist E.D. in the development of marketing strategies, website content, newsletters, etc.
- Assist in the development and implementation of specific campaigns, including direct mail, online giving / crowdfunding
- Process online and cash donations and maintain donor database
- Prepare, analyze and share donor reports and outcomes
- Ensure accuracy of record keeping
- Assist with annual audit, and ensuring of compliance with IRS donor acknowledgement requirements
- Meet with donors and prospective donor groups as needed
- Conduct research aimed at expanding major gift campaigns and donor pool
- Assist and engage in other tasks as identified by E.D.
- Organize and coordinate daily office operations and procedures in order to ensure organizational effectiveness and efficiency; this may include answering of phones, opening mail, maintaining office supplies and overall cleanliness, these activities to be done as a team
- Work with the bookkeeper to maintain and organize financial records
- Management of social media and other new media platforms
- Supervise, motivate and mentor a team of interns
- Local outreach aimed at community engagement and increased awareness
- Create local events and engagement opportunities aimed at targeting and engaging young professionals
- Work with E.D. to identify and engage with local entities that present potential opportunities for engagement with CHP’s Haiti programs (i.e. education, clean water, agriculture, women’s empowerment)
- Interest in non-traditional and out of the box thinking aimed at creating revenue streams and awareness in non-conventional ways
- Assist and engage in other tasks as identified by E.D.
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree a plus
- 2+ years relevant experience. Experience with non-profits and/or development work preferred.
- Experience with project management preferred
- Excellent organizational skills
- Self starter who works well with others
- Competence with fundraising software or similar database platforms
- Consistently brings positive energy and constructive attitude
- Demonstrates strong oral and written communication skills
- Manages relationships with professionalism and warmth
- Ability to thrive in environment requiring flexibility
- Expertise in new media a plus; enthusiasm for managing Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn accounts to maximum effect, and running online crowdfunding campaigns
- Web design, graphic design, e-newsletter experience a plus
- Willing / eager to travel to Haiti once in 2017
Schedule, Compensation and Benefits
This is a full-time position, requiring additional hours at night and on weekends when board management, fundraising, and outreach activities require. Salary is commensurate with experience. CHP offers a stipend for health insurance premiums, a generous paid leave policy, and covers employees’ travel to Haiti.
How to Apply
Please send CV, cover letter describing your interest in the position and relevant experience, writing samples, salary requirements and three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org by July 15, 2017. No telephone inquiries please.
The Colorado Haiti Project is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.